Community Legal Service Information System (CLSIS) database update
Message on Wednesday 21 October
The CLSIS Helpdesk estimates that between 50 and 75 centres have yet to receive assistance to upgrade to the new version of CLSIS. Helpdesk is aiming to get at least one or two CLSIS workstations operational at each centre to begin with. After that, Helpdesk will return again to all affected centres to assist with remaining workstations. Finrea have reallocated as many of their general technical support staff to the CLSIS Helpdesk as possible.
Centres who are yet to be contacted by the CLSIS helpdesk can assist to speed up the process by ensuring that the latest version of Java is installed on all computers that are running CLSIS. If you are running Windows, you can follow this procedure. If you need to upgrade Java on the server that is running CLSIS, additional instructions will be required. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words CLSIS Server Java Upgrade Required and Helpdesk will try to prioritise you.
MAC users - please refer to this document.
1. Open a command prompt:
- Press the Windows key and type r (Windows+R)
- Type cmd
- Click ‘OK’ or enter
2. Java must be at version 1.8.0_60 or greater on all machines that will run CLSIS. To check your Java version, in the command prompt type java –version. The results should be as follows:
If the Java version is not as shown above, please upgrade via www.java.com.
TRANSMIT TO NPC ISSUE
There is an issue with transmitting data to the NPC which will be fixed overnight. Please do not attempt to transmit to the NPC until tomorrow. (Thursday 22 October)
Message on Tuesday 20 October
The rollout of CLSIS 6 has encountered a number of difficulties. These relate to Java version conflicts, and problems adjusting to increasing security requirements imposed by any public facing software distribution system.
The CLSIS Helpdesk is currently overwhelmed by requests for assistance. At this stage the Helpdesk has over 230 unread messages, and they are getting further requests at a much faster rate than they can keep up with.
Please assist the CLSIS Helpdesk team as follows:
- leave just one message, stating your centre, and the contact person(s). They will get back to you; leaving multiple messages will not shorten the time it will take to get to you
- CLSIS Helpdesk are trying to get one or two CLSIS workstations/logins operational at each centre to begin with. If they try to get all your CLSIS workstations functioning at every centre, it will take them days to get to some centres.
- be gentle with their staff - everyone is working under extreme difficulties.
Another update to all centres will be provided at a later date.
CLSIS Helpdesk contact details
Ph: 1800 623 653
More news >