Second edition of the Risk Management Guide (RMG) now available
NACLC is pleased to announce the second edition of the Risk Management Guide (RMG) is now available.
The general requirements of the RMG remain the same and should not result in any major changes to the way in which Community Legal Centres operate on a day-to-day basis.
The revised RMG has been developed by NACLC and the National PII Network and incorporates:
- feedback from the sector-wide consultation survey in 2014
- updates to reflect the change in systems from CLSIS to CLASS and the new Data Standards Manual
- changes suggested by the National PII Network on the basis of their experience assisting Centres in relation to CLC practice issues
- updates in relation to the new PII policy wording from 2016; and
- updates to reflect changes in legislation and practice rules.
Importantly, NACLC is committed to ensuring the RMG remains current and useful. Moving forward, NACLC will be reviewing the RMG more regularly and providing more opportunities for sector feedback and engagement. In particular, given there may be practice issues and questions that arise as a result of the roll-out and use of CLASS that may need to be incorporated into the RMG, NACLC and the National PII Network will review the RMG again later this year with input from the sector.
NACLC encourages Centres to continue to direct feedback, suggestions and questions to the state or territory PII representatives for discussion with the National PII Network.
It is important to review the new edition, including the section on ‘Important Information about Changes in Services Terminology’. Centres can also access an electronic version of the new RMG in the Members’ Section of the NACLC website. Hard copies will be mailed to Centres.
NACLC acknowledges the work of the National PII Network in developing this edition of the RMG and thank them for the important and ongoing role they play in the CLC sector by supporting compliance with legal professional standards and the CLC sector approach to risk management.
More news >