LexisNexis Online Legal Resources for CLCs
NACLC and LexisNexis have entered into a partnership to promote the rule of law, through the provision of high quality, contemporaneous online legal resources to CLCs. These resources ensure that the disadvantaged and vulnerable clients and communities that CLCs service everyday can receive informed and timely legal assistance.
NACLC has an ongoing partnership with LexisNexis until August 2019.
This is the online legal resource available to all CLCs. Lexis Advance offers improved functionality and ease of use.
If you are new to Lexis Advance you may find the Lexis Advance Overview Video helpful.
You can also choose to download the user guide which explains the functionality available on Lexis Advance such as filtering and browsing, working with search results and saving to working folders.
Training on how to use the new platform is available through a series of webinars.
Webinar: Getting Started with Lexis Advance for NACLC 2019
Tuesday 5 February 12pm AEST - Join Meeting
Wednesday 13 February 2pm AEST - Join Meeting
Tuesday 19 February 10am AEST – refer to training invitation to attend face to face session in Melbourne or Join Meeting
Tuesday 19 February 3:30pm AEST – refer to training invitation to attend face to face session in Melbourne or Join Meeting
If you would like to learn more about the new Lexis Advance, LexisNexis has also the following online learning resources such as Quick Tips and videos available at Lexis Advance Knowledge Base and Practical Guidance.
Most CLCs should now have automatic login to Lexis Nexis via their IP address (or other arrangements in place where a centre has no fixed IP address). If you cannot access the Lexis Nexis Practical Guidance Modules or Online Research Products automatically from an internet connected computer at your centre, please email:
P: 02 9264 9595
with the subject title 'LexisNexis access request'
and tell us:
- a contact name and email at your centre
- your centre's Fixed IP address (this can be obtained from websites – e.g. http://whatismyipaddress.com/)
- number of people who will require training
and we will arrange for access to be setup with LexisNexis.
CLCs will be able to access FREE face to face or Webinar training. To inquire about training, please contact:
Client Experience & Learning Consultant
Phone: (02) 9422 2288
Mobile: 0466 486 620
CLCs can also register for and participate in free, public webinars provided by LexisNexis on how to best use the resources: click here.
Lexis Advance Online Research
"A comprehensive subscription list based on a review of the legal research needs of CLCs. Subscriptions include Lexis Nexis' flagship research tools, including CaseBase Citator, Halsbury’s Laws of Australia and Australian Encyclopaedia of Forms & Precedents."
- Australian Administrative Law - online
- Australian Civil Liability - online
- Australian Consumer Credit Law - online
- Australian Current Law - online
- Australian Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents (Full) - online
- Australian Family Law - online
- Australian Family Law & Reports - online
- Australian Family Law State Legislation - online
- Australian Health Law Bulletin - online
- Australian Immigration Law including PAMs - online
- Australian Journal of Family Law - online
- Australian Law Reports - online
- Australian Legal Words and Phrases - online
- Australian Tenancy Practice and Precedents - online
- Bankruptcy Law and Practice - online
- Australian Encyclopaedic Legal Dictionary - online
- Carter on Contract - online
- Carter’s Criminal Law QLD - online
- CaseBase Case Citator - Online (Network Practitioner)
- Civil Liability in Australia - online
- Civil Procedure ACT - online
- Civil Procedure QLD - online
- Civil Procedure South Australia - online
- Civil Procedure Tasmania - online
- Civil Procedure Victoria - online
- Civil Procedure Western Australia - online
- College of Law Practice Papers Qld - online
- College of Law Practice Papers NSW - online
- College of Law Practice Papers Vic - online
- Competition and Consumer Act Annotated - online
- Competition & Consumer Law Journal - online
- Court Forms, Precedents and Pleadings - NSW - online
- Court Forms, Precedents and Pleadings - QLD - online
- Court Forms, Precedents and Pleadings - Victoria - online
- Criminal Law South Australia - online
- Criminal Law Victoria - online
- Criminal Law Western Australia - online
- Criminal Practice and Procedure NSW - online
- Cross on Evidence - Australian Edition - online
- Employment Law Bulletin - online
- Family Court of Australia - online
- Family Law Reports - online
- Federal Civil Litigation Precedents - online
- Federal Criminal Law - online
- Halsbury's Laws of Australia - online
- High Court and Federal Court of Australia Practice and Procedure - online
- Immigration Review - online
- LawNow Legislation (9 jurisdictions) - online
- Local Court Criminal Practice NSW - online
- Local Government Planning and Environment NSW - online
- Magistrates Court Civil Procedure WA - online
- Motor and Traffic Law NSW - online
- Motor and Traffic Law Victoria - online
- Motor Vehicle Reports - online
- Solicitors Manual NSW - online
- NSW Law Reports - online
- Privacy Law Bulletin - online
- Queensland Reports – online
- Ritchie’s Uniform Civil Procedure NSW - online
- Unreported Judgments - online
- Victorian Reports - online
- Workplace Law – Fair Work - online
- Workplace Relations Legislation - online
Also on offer from Lexis Nexis as part of the subscription:
"LexisNexis Practical Guidance is a purpose built solution for lawyers, providing instant direction and access to up-to-date information by topic area in a format that mirrors your workflow. It acts as the first step in a lawyer’s research by providing an initial top-level ‘compass bearing’ exercise to direct investigation, thereby increasing the efficiency of all subsequent research."
- Practical Guidance Criminal Law Module
- Practical Guidance Consumer Law Module
- Practical Guidance Family Law Module
- Practical Guidance Employment Law Module
- Practical Guidance Property Law Module
- Practical Guidance Business Law Module
- Practical Guidance General Counsel Module
- Practical Guidance Succession Law Module
- Practical Guidance Work, Health and Safety Module
LexisNexis® Legal Express
Premium updates on the latest cases, legislation and journal articles via email which is written by specialist editors and can be accessed 24/7 online.