LexisNexis Online Legal Resources for CLCs
NACLC and LexisNexis have entered into a partnership to promote the rule of law, through the provision of high quality, contemporaneous online legal resources to CLCs. These resources ensure that the disadvantaged and vulnerable clients and communities that CLCs service everyday are able to receive informed and timely legal assistance. See the media release for more.
After the initial twelve months of partnership, NACLC has renewed the partnership with LexisNexis until August 2018. LexisNexis will be seeking to draw upon the expertise of CLC staff and volunteers through focus groups and surveys. Targeted feedback might be sought on LexisNexis products, attitudes to technology and innovation in the legal assistance sector and the specific training needs of CLCs.
NACLC encourages CLCs to participate in these activities as a fundamental component of a partnership that delivers online legal resources at a substantially reduced commercial rate, and free of charge to CLCs.
Following an extensive consultation process with CLCs, the new package will offer a more targeted list of resources, focussed on those areas of law practised by CLCs. See below for a list of resources in the new package.
The operating platform for the online legal resources provided by LexisNexis and available to all CLCs has been upgraded. The new platform, Lexis Advance, offers improved functionality and ease of use.
LexisNexis moved to a new platform Lexis Advance on Wednesday 13 December 2017. If your centre used LexisNexis your centre can start using Lexis Advance now via the logins below.
Bookmarks and shortcuts for the existing LexisNexis searches became invalid from Wednesday 13 December 2017.
New bookmarks and shortcuts can be created for Lexis Advance after you log in.
For example if you have a bookmark or shortcut to search only Australian Law Reports for the existing LexisNexis that bookmark or shortcut will no longer work after Wednesday 13 December 2017. To create a new bookmark or shortcut you will have to log in to Lexis Advance via the login below and then create a new bookmark or shortcut after navigating to the Australian Law Reports Publication sections.
In preparation for the change to Lexis Advance you may find the 'Essentials for getting started' slides and/or 'Lexis Advance Awareness Video' helpful. Training on how to use the new platform was available through a series of webinars.
Webinar: Getting Started with Lexis Advance for NACLC 2017
24 November 2017 12PM – 1PM AEDT - Register Now
28 November 2017 2PM – 3PM AEDT - Register Now
4 December 2017 12PM – 1PM AEDT - Register Now
7 December 2017 1PM – 2PM AEDT - Register Now
12 December 2017 1PM – 2PM AEDT Register Now
If you would like to learn more about the new Lexis Advance, LexisNexis has also the following online learning resources such as user guides and videos available at Lexis Advance Knowledge Base and Practical Guidance.
NACLC is also working with LexisNexis to make some face to face training available for CLCs in early 2018.
Most CLCs should now have automatic login to Lexis Nexis via their IP address (or other arrangements in place where a centre has no fixed IP address). If you cannot access the Lexis Nexis Practical Guidance Modules or Online Research Products automatically from an internet connected computer at your centre, please email:
(02) 9264 9595
with the subject title 'LexisNexis access request'
and tell us:
- a contact name and email at your centre
- your centre's Fixed IP address (this can be obtained from websites – e.g. http://whatismyipaddress.com/)
- number of people who will require training
and we will arrange for access to be setup with LexisNexis.
CLCs will be able to access FREE face to face or Webinar training. To inquire about training, please contact:
Client Experience & Learning Consultant
Phone: (02) 9422 2138
Mobile: 0481 919 474
CLCs can also register for and participate in free, public webinars provided by LexisNexis on how to best use the resources: click here.
Lexis Advance Online Research
"A comprehensive subscription list based on a review of the legal research needs of CLCs. Subscriptions include Lexis Nexis' flagship research tools, including CaseBase Citator, Halsbury’s Laws of Australia and Australian Encyclopaedia of Forms & Precedents."
- Australian Administrative Law - online
- Australian Civil Liability - online
- Australian Consumer Credit Law - online
- Australian Current Law - online
- Australian Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents (Full) - online
- Australian Family Law - online
- Australian Family Law & Reports - online
- Australian Family Law State Legislation - online
- Australian Health Law Bulletin - online
- Australian Immigration Law including PAMs - online
- Australian Journal of Family Law - online
- Australian Law Reports - online
- Australian Legal Words and Phrases - online
- Australian Tenancy Practice and Precedents - online
- Bankruptcy Law and Practice - online
- Australian Encyclopaedic Legal Dictionary - online
- Carter on Contract - online
- Carter’s Criminal Law QLD - online
- CaseBase Case Citator - Online (Network Practitioner)
- Civil Liability in Australia - online
- Civil Procedure ACT - online
- Civil Procedure QLD - online
- Civil Procedure South Australia - online
- Civil Procedure Tasmania - online
- Civil Procedure Victoria - online
- Civil Procedure Western Australia - online
- College of Law Practice Papers Qld - online
- College of Law Practice Papers NSW - online
- College of Law Practice Papers Vic - online
- Competition and Consumer Act Annotated - online
- Competition & Consumer Law Journal - online
- Court Forms, Precedents and Pleadings - NSW - online
- Court Forms, Precedents and Pleadings - QLD - online
- Court Forms, Precedents and Pleadings - Victoria - online
- Criminal Law South Australia - online
- Criminal Law Victoria - online
- Criminal Law Western Australia - online
- Criminal Practice and Procedure NSW - online
- Cross on Evidence - Australian Edition - online
- Employment Law Bulletin - online
- Family Court of Australia - online
- Family Law Reports - online
- Federal Civil Litigation Precedents - online
- Federal Criminal Law - online
- Halsbury's Laws of Australia - online
- High Court and Federal Court of Australia Practice and Procedure - online
- Immigration Review - online
- LawNow Legislation (9 jurisdictions) - online
- Local Court Criminal Practice NSW - online
- Local Government Planning and Environment NSW - online
- Magistrates Court Civil Procedure WA - online
- Motor and Traffic Law NSW - online
- Motor and Traffic Law Victoria - online
- Motor Vehicle Reports - online
- Solicitors Manual NSW - online
- NSW Law Reports - online
- Privacy Law Bulletin - online
- Queensland Reports – online
- Ritchie’s Uniform Civil Procedure NSW - online
- Unreported Judgments - online
- Victorian Reports - online
- Workplace Law – Fair Work - online
- Workplace Relations Legislation - online
Lexis Advance Practical Guidance Modules
"LexisNexis Practical Guidance is a purpose built solution for lawyers, providing instant direction and access to up-to-date information by topic area in a format that mirrors your workflow. It acts as the first step in a lawyer’s research by providing an initial top-level ‘compass bearing’ exercise to direct investigation, thereby increasing the efficiency of all subsequent research."
- Practical Guidance Criminal Law Module
- Practical Guidance Consumer Law Module
- Practical Guidance Family Law Module
- Practical Guidance Employment Law Module
- Practical Guidance Property Law Module
- Practical Guidance Business Law Module
- Practical Guidance General Counsel Module
- Practical Guidance Succession Law Module
- Practical Guidance Work, Health and Safety Module
Also on offer from Lexis Nexis as part of the subscription:
LexisNexis' Knowledge Network
LexisNexis offers an online support service, the Knowledge Network, which offers videos, podcasts, top tips and reference guides.
CLCs can access these resources for the online legal resource products, including specific resource such as the Practical Guidance Modules, CaseBase, Halsbury's Laws of Australia and Unreported Judgments, among others.
You can navigate through the Knowledge Network here.
Receive regular insights on hot topics, industry news and special offers from LexisNexis with a monthly Newsletter. Visit here to subscribe.
LexisNexis® Legal Express
Premium updates on the latest cases, legislation and journal articles via email which is written by specialist editors and can be accessed 24/7 online.